Q: How do you improve the fuel economy?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you improve the fuel economy?

While your car is designed to get good fuel economy, there are several things that you can do on your own to ensure that you get the most bang for your buck. Here’s how to make sure that you get better fuel economy:

1. Make sure your tire pressure is set correctly. Low tire pressure can reduce fuel mileage by a lot. Soft tires are harder to turn, making the engine work harder.

2. Limit the amount of weight you carry. The more weight you carry (including cargo and passengers), the lower your fuel economy will be.

3. Use the right oil. Your car’s engine is designed to use a specific oil weight. Make sure you’re not using a thicker viscosity oil. This will reduce your fuel economy.

4. Keep up with your maintenance. Vehicle maintenance including oil changes, tire rotations, air filter changes and more will have a direct impact on your fuel economy.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr