Q: Car sputters when i accelerate

Car makes a low grumble/sputter when i accelerate but not at idle or parked. Also does not accelerate the same.

A: This problem may be from a throttle positio...

This problem may be from a throttle position sensor's erratic computer input. This can cause hesitation on acceleration or a light tip in lag. Buick has issued a technical bulletin: 05-06-04-058 which calls for the replacement of the throttle position sensor for this particular issue.

I would also suggest checking all the pulleys and belts for bearing noises while under load. You may be able to verify this in park and simulating acceleration by opening the throttle.

If you'd like a second opinion on this I suggest getting this checked out by a qualified technician who can diagnose your acceleration issue and suggest a fix from there. Good luck.