Q: Will a 4.0l engine and AWD 6 speed automatic from the 2007/8 Pacifica fit in the 2005 Pacifica?

asked by on September 20, 2016

I told my mother I want her Pacifica when she gets a new car, so sentimental value for one, but I want to swap out the 3.5l engine and FWD 4 speed for the 4.0l engine and AWD 6 speed auto from the newer model. Since the 05 Pacifica didn't come with either of the 2, I have been trying to find out if they will fit in the older model Pacifica. I have found AWD 4.0l Pacificas, but are not like the one I have now. If anyone can help me with this, I would GREATLY appreciate it, thank you.

You cannot use the engine and transmission combination in your vehicle. Your vehicle is not AWD and the two computer systems are not the same. The two have different wire harnesses as well as different body designs. I recommend not doing this swap.