Q: Why don't my tail lights light up when I press on the brake pedal?

asked by on October 03, 2016

I recently changed my stock stereo. Everything was fine until the next day. My tail lights light up when I press on the brake pedal, my gear shift is stuck on "P". Then my day running lights went out. I finally got the day lights to work, but brake lights still aren't goiong on. And my gear shift stuck on P. What could have caused this?

Hi, thanks for writing in. I suggest checking the fuses to the brake light fuse. If the fuse is not blown then you need to check the brake light switch on the brake pedal to see if power goes in and out of switch. Replace the fuse if blown and replace switch if power comes in but not out of switch. If you need help or if this turns out to not be the issue, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.