Q: if I need brake pads, rotors, and calipers, how long can I wait before I get the calipers? is it ok to just do the pads and rotors

I need brake pads, roters and calipers. can I get the pads, flush and roters done and wait a few months to get the calipers?

A: While it would be easier to have them all...

Hello.

While it would be easier to have them all done at the same time, you can wait to replace the calipers if you need to. Keep in mind, however, that performing a flush requires you to open the brake’s hydraulic system. So if you plan on replacing the calipers later, the system will have to be re-opened and re-bled when the calipers are installed. In most cases calipers only need be replaced if they malfunction, usually in the form of a seized piston or leaky seal. I would recommend carefully inspecting the calipers when the brakes are done to see if they even need to be replaced.

If you need assistance with these services, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help perform one or more of the following services on your vehicle: