Q: I think my wheel bearing is going out but not sure?

asked by on August 29, 2016

Whenever I am going speeds of 25 or over, when I make a right turn, it almost sounds like my tires are getting louder. It hums very loudly until I begin to straighten my wheel again. I just started noticing this about a week ago. A few months ago it happened on one particular turn, but wasn't as bad and then went away. Not it has gotten to be awful.

Wheel Bearings Replacement $94.60 - $567.42 Get a Quote

Hey there. Yes, it sounds like you do have a wheel bearing going bad. Noisy wheel bearings will only make noise when the car is in motion. They will get louder the faster you go. They also change pitch or get louder or more quiet when you turn right or left. If you would like to have this repaired, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can perform a wheel bearing replacement for you at your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr