Q: My car stalled and will not start.

I RECENTLY FOUND OUT THAT I HAD A CRACKED RADIATOR. I GOT THIS ISSUE FIXED FRIDAY AND AFTER DRIVING FOR ABOUT 15 MINS WITH THE NEW RADIATOR THE CAR STARTED TO SHAKE WHEN I WAS AT A RED LIGHT AND THEN IT DIED. THE ENGINE WOULD NOT TURN OVER AND IT HAS CONTINUED TO SIT AT MY HOUSE FOR 2 DAYS. I WAS ABLE TO TURN THE CAR ON ONCE BREIFLY BUT IT WILL CONTINUALLY DIE. WOULD YOUR MECHANIC BE ABLE TO ASSIST IF THIS IS A MOTOR ISSUE? AND HOW MUCH WOULD A MOTOR ISSUE COST ON AVERAGE?

THANKS, HEIDI

Hi Heidi, Unfortunately, Your Mechanic does not provide engine replacement services. However, we do not know if your engine truly needs to be replaced. As such, a proper inspection by a qualified technician will uncover what is causing the no start concern. There are many possibilities including, but not limited to, the battery, the alternator, the idle air control valve, a fuse, a relay, a computer, a fuel pump, a short or open in the wiring harness, a broken/slipped timing belt/chain, and the list could go on. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to assess the cause and avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not start inspection.