Q: My car stalled and will not start.

asked by on November 20, 2016

I RECENTLY FOUND OUT THAT I HAD A CRACKED RADIATOR. I GOT THIS ISSUE FIXED FRIDAY AND AFTER DRIVING FOR ABOUT 15 MINS WITH THE NEW RADIATOR THE CAR STARTED TO SHAKE WHEN I WAS AT A RED LIGHT AND THEN IT DIED. THE ENGINE WOULD NOT TURN OVER AND IT HAS CONTINUED TO SIT AT MY HOUSE FOR 2 DAYS. I WAS ABLE TO TURN THE CAR ON ONCE BREIFLY BUT IT WILL CONTINUALLY DIE. WOULD YOUR MECHANIC BE ABLE TO ASSIST IF THIS IS A MOTOR ISSUE? AND HOW MUCH WOULD A MOTOR ISSUE COST ON AVERAGE?

THANKS, HEIDI

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Heidi, Unfortunately, Your Mechanic does not provide engine replacement services. However, we do not know if your engine truly needs to be replaced. As such, a proper inspection by a qualified technician will uncover what is causing the no start concern. There are many possibilities including, but not limited to, the battery, the alternator, the idle air control valve, a fuse, a relay, a computer, a fuel pump, a short or open in the wiring harness, a broken/slipped timing belt/chain, and the list could go on. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to assess the cause and avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not start inspection.