Q: My air vents sometimes stop working.

asked by on December 07, 2016

Over the last few weeks my air vents have stopped working. No AC, no heat, no air flow at any setting. Then just randomly it will start working again. Any reason it would do this?

Blower Motor Relay Replacement $87.03 - $218.37 Get a Quote

Hi there. Anytime something is not functioning all the time and is randomly shutting off, then there is an issue with the relay of that circuit. Check the relay to the fan motor circuit and see if there is power to the relay. If there is power to the relay, then I suggest replacing the blower fan relay in the cabin area of the vehicle. If you need further assistance with your fan motor coming on randomly in the cab, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.