Q: Q: Squealing noise?!

Car is making a squealing noise! Awful! My car squeals when I'm driving sometimes and it always squeals when starting up. After I've been driving for about 30 seconds it stops. Replaced the belt and the tensioner. They're brand new! It squeals worse when I'm turning, but not a power steering whine sound. When I'm turning the wheel and my car is still of it squeals my steering wheel jumps to the same rhythm as that squealing. My car has 185000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission. BELT DRESSING MADE IT WORSE IT ISNT THE BELT

Hey there. You have a binding accessory on the engine like the A/C compressor or pulley, power steering pump, or an idler pulley. You should first test the computer to see if the power steering pressure switch is activating by scanning the computer data to see if switch is working. If it is okay, then one of the components are binding and would need to be diagnosed by removing the belt and checking each component for binding. The car may also need a power steering pressure test. If you would like to have this looked at, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the squealing noise and pinpoint the problem.

3. Q: Squealing noise?!