Q: Does 2006 impala LTZ have gas turn off switch (aka inertia switch)? 2006 Chevrolet Impala

asked by on March 16, 2017

Car wont start already changed starter and spark plugs. Car will crank but not start. Trying to find the fuel cut off switch to see if that the problem

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - short answer is "No". These inertia switches were popular with Ford designs in years past, but GM does not use them for this model. Check fuses for the fuel pump and fuel pump relay. If the fuel pump can be heard running, put a fuel pressure gauge on it to see if the fuel pressure regulator is allowing fuel pressure to come up to specs so the injectors work properly. For assistance, I recommend a no start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr