Q: After disc brake replacement, brakes rattle

The dealership did a complete disc brake replacement on our car. When I drive on a ½ dirt road, going to the highway, the brakes rattle. If I apply light pressure on the brake, the rattle goes away. I returned to the dealer for shims, but the problem continues. What can I do to solve this problem?

A: Hello. It sounds like it needs new anti-rat...

Hello. It sounds like it needs new anti-rattle clips. These clips hold the brake pads in place and should be replaced at every brake job. It may also need new caliper slides if they are not tight. It is also possible that the noise is coming from the suspension, so that needs to be inspected as well. The dealer should have checked all of this out, but it sounds like they may have missed something. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose what's causing the rattle.