Q: I have a 2006 Infiniti g35x sedan awd , I have this humming like buzzing loud sound coming from what seems to be from the left sid

I have a 2006 Infiniti g35x sedan awd , I have this humming like buzzing loud sound coming from what seems to be from the left side it’s gotten louder all of a sudden but before I decided wether it was a wheel hub bearing issue two weeks ago I serviced my brake pads and noticed the pistons from the caliper one of them was stuck out wasn’t retracting , so so you think the noise is from old calipers or wheel hub bearing issue ? My rear pads got worn out faster than my front ones which was weird to me I don’t know any clues ?

When the brakes are released the distance that the piston moves when it retracts into the caliper bore is very small because it is necessary for the pads to remain in as close contact as possible with the rotors. The wear rate on brake pad material varies depending on whether it is OEM material, the condition of the rotor, whether the brakes are retracting properly and so forth. If you are using Infiniti OEM parts, and all brake parts are in good condition, the front pads usually wear out before the rear pads (if you start with brand new pads at all 4 wheels). A faulty wheel bearing can be diagnosed, on the road, by driving the car in such a way that you "sequentially load and unload" the vehicle weight off of the suspect bearing. If a distinct reduction in the noise level is detected when the vehicle weight is off of the bearing, that is a sign the bearing is bad. Another diagnostic strategy is to use wireless chassis ears (remote microphones) placed on the steering knuckles. To have the origin of the noise pinpointed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a wheel bearing noise diagnostic/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you and the mechanic will further address your concerns about the brakes, too. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2006 Infiniti g35x sedan awd , I have this humming like buzzing loud sound coming from what seems to be from the left sid