Q: A/T Governor Pressure Sensor codes P1762 P1763

My check engine Light came on, so I got it tested. Two codes came up. First code: P1762 A/T Governor Pressor Sensor Offset Volts too High/Low Second code: P1763 A/T Governor Pressure Sensor Signal Too High. It's a little sluggish getting to speed., and In between some gears it revs then shifts. 2003 Dodge Dakota 3.9L v6

Hi Pat. Thanks for contacting us today. The codes you’ve listed are Dodge specific OBD-II codes that indicate that the Governor pressure sensor is either faulty or relaying false information to the ECU. This is likely the source of your performance issue. The problem is that this code can also be caused by internal damage inside the transmission, the sensor being faulty itself or the electrical harness connected to the sensor. The easy diagnosis and repair is to replace the harness and sensor, clear all stored error codes and see if this problem is resolved. If not, the problem is mechanical inside your transmission, which will require a specialist to inspect or repair.

3. A/T Governor Pressure Sensor codes P1762 P1763