Q: What does the smell of burnt rubber mean on a 2012 Honda CR-V?

I was running errands when I noticed a smell of burnt rubber in the car, then the air conditioner stopped working.

Check the drive belt on the engine and see if its still intact.

Burnt smells in the car and then the air conditioning stops working means that the belt has burned off.

This could be caused by the compressor clutch freezing up or the compressor locking up. If you need further assistance with the smell of rubber in the cab, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. What does the smell of burnt rubber mean on a 2012 Honda CR-V?