Q: CV shaft on passenger side keeps breaking. The alignment is done and nothing else is wrong.

I keep replacing passenger side CV axel the steal band near the motor keeps breaking lose is it the truck doing this or faulty CV axel from auto zone since they refurbish them to resale

Hi there. Check the suspension to the front axle and see if the axle is loose or moving around. If the alignment is good on the front axle and the axle is solid and not moving around, then the band could be coming off due to the angle that the CV axle is located at. If the band clamp is loose or not installed correctly, then it will come off and cause the grease to sling out of the inner joint causing the CV shaft to fail prematurely. I recommend installing the OEM specified parts to ensure that the part last for a long time. If you need further assistance with determining what brand of CV axle to use, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• CV shaft on passenger side keeps breaking. The alignment is done and nothing else is wrong.