Q: Problems with alarm

Purchased a 1997 Jeep Cherokee Laredo the vehicle had no ignition key but the previous owner had been driving it for 2 years with absolutely no problems I drove it 3 days went to leave the driveway in the alarm went off I looked online to find a way to shut it down it said to put the key in the driver's door and turn off the hatch since I didn't have a key I look for a way to bypass the alarm it said purple and yellow wires under the dash going to the alarm it did shut the alarm off but as you started it would run about 30 seconds with the alarm sound again another gentleman said bypass the alarm using the purple and yellow wire in the door before I could try that my help tried to wire under the dash again it shut the alarm off once more but now the vehicle would not start I proceeded to the ground in the door is completely shut the alarm down but the vehicle no longer start I even had a locksmith come here and made a key that did not work can you please help me get my Jeep started

A: If you now have a key that fits the door yo...

If you now have a key that fits the door you will have to hook up all the wires back to normal. After this is done, disconnect the battery and wait at least ten minutes. With all of the doors closed and locked, reconnect the battery. Unlock the driver's door and see if the ignition turns and starts the vehicle. If the theft light is still flashing then try and unlock the drivers door to see if the alarm stops and the vehicle starts. If it now starts then the drivers key lock cylinder will need to be replaced.

If you need some assistance with these checks, consider enlisting a qualified technician who can diagnose your starting issue and perform the necessary repairs to your vehicle to get it going again.