Q: Wheel bearings - safe to drive? Ford Focus

being get a knocking noise at the back of my ford focus been told its the bearings they can not get me in for a week how safe is it to drive

Hi there - wheel bearings are fairly durable, although pot holes cause damage and knocking noises as you are experiencing. As for whether this is safe to drive, I would treat this scenario as you would driving around with an "emergency spare tire" - short distances, slower speeds and caution for any untoward behavior. As an alternative repair with faster service, I recommend a wheel hub bearing assembly replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, make this repair, and get you back on the road again quickly.

3. Wheel bearings - safe to drive? Ford Focus