Q: I have a Fiat 500 sport I went to check the oil in the water and the water was a dark brown what would cause that

asked by on November 17, 2017

I have a 2015 Fiat 500 automatic and manual sport I went to check the oil and the water and it needed oil and when I checked the water the water was straight dark brown,( Q1) What would cause the water to be brown ? (Q2) What do I do to fix it?

If you did not see any problems with the oil except it was low then I would suggest having oil and filter replaced. The coolant color would need to be checked to see if there is a problem since some manufacturers do not use green coolant. I would recommend having the cooling system checked and serviced by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic if it is due for a service since coolant service interval is 10 year 150k miles. Have serviced or checked as needed.