Q: The endurance of a hybrid when the batteries wear out

How long do hybrid cars usually last until the batteries is in hybrid system start to wear out?

A: It depends on the design, but a lot of them...

It depends on the design, but a lot of them are running a Toyota's design. The Fords have Toyota's parts in them, and a lot of GMs run Toyota's design. Generally, those batteries last anywhere from 7 to 10 years, in my experience with them. They are pretty well built.

Some owners do "rebuild" them, but I don't trust that because they are basically a bunch of computer batteries all hooked up in series, and all together, they need to check them and replace fuel in them. But, when they are old, they are not worth rebuilding. You'd want a new one if it ever did go out, if you wanted to keep the vehicle. If you need help with this, you can have a certified mechanic, inspect your battery and replace the battery if needed.