Q: Transmission slips in reverse

Added Trans fluid over filled by accident when to backup felt like the parking brake was on. The fault Trans came on and the od was flashing. Took to the dealership .said it could be slipping in reverse.what can cause this

Hi There, If your overdrive light is blinking (like a turn signal or hazard light), it is indicating that there is a problem with your car’s transmission. It could be the shift solenoid or possibly the speed or range sensors, which may also cause problems with the transmission feeling like it is slipping or not shifting correctly. There are many different issues that can cause the light to flash. When your transmission’s control unit senses an issue, it will store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) in the computer. To determine what may be causing this, I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to download the trouble codes stored in the computer which will indicate more specifically what may be causing this.