Q: Over heating

Changed the radiator. Stopped to get gas a half mile down the road. Lots of steam. Hoses are not hot. Was told it was not the water pump.

A diagnostic would determine the root cause of the overheating. If the coolant level was low, and/or there was trapped air in the cooling passageways, perhaps related to the radiator replacement, those faults themselves can cause overheating. If the coolant level was low due to a leak, such can be found in a leak diagnostic with simple pressure testing. There are a few other common causes of overheating, namely a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, collapsed hoses, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Over heating