Press the gas and my rpm go up to 4000 chevrolet cobalt 2006

Q: Press the gas and my rpm go up to 4000

asked by on March 08, 2018

My car I will put my foot on the gas and the Rpms accelerate up too 4000

Hi Sammi. Thanks for sending your question today. I’m not quite certain what issue you’re having with the Cobalt. If you press the throttle and the car does not move, but the RPM goes to 4,000 RPM, then you likely have a shift solenoid or internal transmission component failure. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to inspect your car, so they can get a better understanding of what issues you’re having.