Q: Do i need to keep the brake pedal depressed during caliper removal/replacement on my Volvo S60 R as per the vida instructions?

asked by on March 19, 2017

I am replacing the front Brembo brake calipers on my 2005 Volvo S60 R. Vida instructions state to use a pedal jack to keep the brake pedal depressed during the removal/replacement procedure. Is this absolutely necessary? Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi there. This step is designed to maintain forward brake pressure on the pedal to reduce the potential of air bubbles from seeping into the master cylinder and causing additional problems with bleeding brakes. However, since you need to completely bleed the entire brake system after replacing the calipers, the step is not as necessary.