My car is missing the o2 sensor & I need to pass smog tes...

Q: My car is missing the o2 sensor & I need to pass smog test my car is straight piped and is missing the catalytic converter.

asked by on August 18, 2017

So my car has an after market exhaust and it's missing the o2 sensor and catalytic converter causing the check engine light to be on how will I be able to get around this so that I can pass the smog test

Unfortunately, you will not be able to get the vehicle to pass smog without replacing the oxygen sensor and the catalytic converter. Depending on your state’s smog requirements, most will perform a visual inspection (which you will fail due to not having the proper components), which consists of inspecting to be sure all of the proper emissions components are physically on the car. Secondly, they will perform an emissions test that will read the exhaust gases. In your case, without the catalytic converter, it is quite likely the car will also fail this test as well due to the excessive amounts of fuel that will be present in the exhaust.