Q: V6 motors

Hi, I am looking to buy my first car. Everyone's telling me to buy a small car that's easy to maintain and light on fuel like a Volkswagen Golf mk1 or mk2 or citi , but I really want a car that has that mustang fastback look like a Mitsubishi Galant or ford Cortina 2 door. The problem with the cortina is that they're only good if they have a 3l V6 in it. Now I don't plan on driving too fast in these cars so I wanted to know if it would be more fuel efficient if I drive slowly and carefully instead of fast?

Hi there. Many factors will impact fuel economy and efficiency on any gasoline or diesel powered vehicle. Driving "slow" isn’t always as vital to fuel economy. However, what is important is being smooth with the acceleration. The allure of "quick cars" often is not how fast they are, but how quickly you can get to the speed limit. If you’re buying your first car, it is probably a good idea to purchase a more fuel efficient four cylinder engine; as they are still rather peppy these days; and in many Volkswagens; just as fun to drive as the Mitsubishi V6.