Q: Brakes are making squeaking noise - 1980 Toyota Cressida

The brakes on my car are making squeaking noise. It occurs when I apply the brake, no matter what the speed is. I had the brake pads replaced several days ago and it didn't make the noise disappear. Do you have some suggestion?

A: Brake noise or chatter occurs when the brak...

Brake noise or chatter occurs when the brake pad backings vibrate in the pad guides and caliper housing. Often the application of a brake grease or anti-seize lubricant can be applied to the contact point of the brake pad backings and this will absorb and dampen the pad pulsations which are breathing the noise. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the tools and expertise to inspect and correct noise issues in the braking system.