Q: Q: Automatic transmission does not shift.

What can lead to agear box not changing from the gear it starts with?

Your car has an electronically controlled transmission, so your problem could be mechanical, or it could be electronic. In most cases a technician can read the stored codes in the transmission controller to make that determination. It may have a stuck shift solenoid inside the transmission, or it could be that there is a problem with the vehicle speed sensor of the gear position switch. In any case, there should be a code stored from the first time the car failed to shift. You can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your Mazda transmission and let you know what steps you can take.

3. Q: Automatic transmission does not shift.