Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1wah953js:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1wah953js:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1wah953js:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1wah953js:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1wah953js:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1wah953js:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1wah953js:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1wah953js:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1wah953js:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-99848-1wah953js:173:8

Q: Low oil pressure light comes on when idle. Check engine light is on as well. Both came on after getting an oil change 3 days ago.

Hello, I have a 2012 Audi A4 2.0t, my low oil pressure light came on in my car but it only come on when I'm idle. My oil is filled to the top. I got my oil changed 3 days ago. It didn't start happening until after I got my oil changed. Also my check engine light has come on. I took it to O'Reilly to get it checked. The code that came up is P2187. They said something about a positive crankcase ventilation valve. Is this related to the low oil pressure or is this a separate problem? What vould ve causing the low oil pressure if i just got the oil changed and my oil is filled to the top. Also what could happen if I keep driving the car?

A: It is possible that they put in the wrong v...

It is possible that they put in the wrong viscosity oil. In rare instances, a defective filter will also cause low pressure. If there is too much oil, it will aerate and cause low pressure. Be sure the oil level is really not above "max". The P2187 code will appear if the oil fill cap is not tight but it will also appear due to a myriad of causes because that code only "generally" identifies a lean running condition. Consequently, numerous parts would have to be tested including the O2 sensor, gas cap seal, manifold air leaks, any vacuum leak anywhere including PCV and EVAP systems, exhaust leaks, and fuel system faults such as failing fuel pump, clogged filter and more. Since the car has relatively low mileage, you would not expect a failed oil pump, although the pressure sensor (or switch) could be bad. However, the occurrence of the oil pressure warning light is quite coincidental to the oil change, thus I would suggest bringing the car back and asking them to redo with a new filter and double check the viscosity of the new oil that they use. If the problem persists after that, you will have to test actual operating oil pressure (at idle for instance) as well as the oil pressure switch. Finally, if the oil pressure warning light comes on continuously, unless the warning circuit itself is malfunctioning, that means the oil pressure is too low to operate the engine without damaging it. Anytime the light comes on for more than literally an instant, you should shut down the car and thus an issue like this obviously has to be repaired.

If you'd like, a YourMechanic certified mechanic can come to your home or place of business to inspect the vehicle and perform an oil pressure light is on inspection to diagnose the vehicle and suggest potential repairs.