Q: Sometimes my car hesitates after a stop when trying to accelerate. The check engine light comes on

Sometimes my car hesitates after a stop when trying to accelerate. The check engine light comes on, stays on for a while and then goes off for a while. My car has approx. 120,000 miles on it. What could be the issue?

Hello Robbin, There are a number of things that may cause the car to hesitate when accelerating such as low fuel pressure, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a bad fuel pump. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

• Sometimes my car hesitates after a stop when trying to accelerate. The check engine light comes on