Q: 1995 BMW 325I is sputtering.

Had my at looked it today yesterday it ran fine and with no issue came home parked it and when I started it this morning I noticed it sounded different. Had sputtering noise out the muffler had it looked and repaired a crack in the weld they found. However the car is still sputtering and hesitating to take off. What would be the next thing to look at. Car has a performance cat back and muffler threw BMW. Also has a cold air intake. Never sits out always garage kept and is pretty much completely restored with some after market parts for high performance but threw BMW.

Engine is sputtering Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The E 30 can be a great driving car, but at 20 years old, It can have just about anything wrong. The self-diagnostics on the car are not very sophisticated, so you will have to do a systematic diagnosis. Making sure all the ignition components are in good condition is a good first step. There is a cold start sensor that is troublesome on those cars, so you need to check all the sensor values. Another common problem on your car is the intake manifold gasket. The gasket can fail on individual cylinders causing them to misfire. On old cars like yours, I also make it a point to check for contaminated fuel. Moisture can build up in the fuel tank over the years until there is enough water in the fuel to cause a problem. If all this sounds like more than you want to handle, contact Your Mechanic. they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your sputtering BMW and let you know what it will take to fix it.