Q: How do you check the MyKey system status?

How do you check the MyKey system status?

A: While the primary purpose of the MyKey syst...

While the primary purpose of the MyKey system is to put restrictions on specific drivers for their own safety, it can also provide you with information about what has been done while the system was active. This allows you to track mileage, see how many keys are programmed as MyKeys if you’ve forgotten, and more. Here’s what you need to do:

To check the MyKey system, just access it through your message center using the Reset button.

1. Miles: This tells you the total number of miles logged by MyKey drivers. It’s a separate odometer from your normal vehicle odometer, and it’s not tied to either of the trip meters. It can only be reset by clearing the system.

2. Number of MyKeys: This setting will tell you how many keys are set as MyKeys and registered with the car’s computer. This helps you remember if you’ve forgotten, but also helps determine if a MyKey has been deleted (set back to normal).

3. Number of Admin Keys: A regular key (non-MyKey) is called an admin key. This feature lets you check the number of admin keys currently assigned to the car. This is helpful to determine if a MyKey has been reset to an admin key, or if there’s a spare key that you don’t know about.