Q: Why do my brakes or wheels clunk when releasing my brakes in my 2009 Pontiac G6

When I let off of my brakes after being at a complete stop, my left front tire jerks and I hear a clunking sound. The brake pads and rotors for the front are brand new. Not sure what's going on but the car is not driveable because of this issue.

Hello. It sounds like you may have an issue with the brake caliper no releasing or it may have an issue with the cv axle or an engine mount. Any of these will allow excessive movement or binding when releasing the brakes. It can also be caused by a worn out bushing in the suspension. I would get the vehicle in the air to see if I can find any loose parts. If you need help finding the cause of this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the brakes are acting like this] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brakes-steering-and-suspension-inspection

• Why do my brakes or wheels clunk when releasing my brakes in my 2009 Pontiac G6