Q: Key stuck in ignition. Emergency brake light on, but brake is not actually on

My key is stuck in the ignition. I have tried turning the wheel. I also noticed that the brake light symbol by gears is lit, but emergency brake is not actually on

It is possible that your shift lock actuator has failed. This could cause your vehicle to think it is in another gear when it is actually in park. I would recommend having this actuator tested and replaced if necessary in order to remove your key. Consider YourMechanic as shift lock actuators can be replaced at your home or office.

3. Key stuck in ignition. Emergency brake light on, but brake is not actually on