Q: hard to turn steering wheel

when we first got the car it turned fine left and right then after a few days when we turned the car on it did some kind of electrical failure and thats when it got hard to turn. the power steering light is always on it doesnt turn off. when we first start it up it is crazy hard to turn but after drving for like 5 minutes turning it is not so hard but still a little stiff. we had it checked and they fixed for free what ever problems the brand had. but still having a hard time turning the wheel. when i turn the wheel will realign its self. everything else works fine its just the wheel thats so hard to turn.

You need to have the vehicle taken to a GM dealer to perform the steering recall to fix the power assist. You say that they fixed something, but it sounds like it not repair the hard steering. Get in contact with them again to see if they can address the recall properly. If you would rather not take it back to the dealer, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the steering and can assist you with repair.