Q: Car stopped while driving , steering wheel hard to turn and car won't start . Gas on empty

I was driving on the highway and my steering wheel started tightening and was hard for me to turn , I push the gas and the car wont accelerate it just shut down I could barley turn the wheels. My car was also on empty. Would that have cause it ? I tried turrning on my car but it only makes a noise in the engine. It's parked up now

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello, It sounds like the vehicle may be out of fuel. If the engine has shut down (regardless of the reason), the power steering will no longer work, which is why the steering was hard to turn. I would recommend refueling the vehicle and trying to start it to see if this solves your problem.

• Car stopped while driving , steering wheel hard to turn and car won't start . Gas on empty