Q: Grinding noise when ABS engages brakes

There is a grinding noise from the front and when the ABS engages the brakes, the low traction light flashes. This happens any time I accelerate. What is causing this?

The most likely cause of this issue would be a failed hub assembly or failed wheel speed sensor.

The grinding sound you hear could possibly be a dry spot in your wheel bearing, or just the buzz that is normally heard from the pistons inside the ABS pump. My first recommendation would be to have the codes on your vehicle pulled from the ABS module. Once the codes have been retrieved, the way the problem will be diagnosed will then be decided based on which codes were stored.