Q: Brakes leaking near rear left side tire

Brake fluid is leaking from somewhere near the rear left side tire. One of the nuts that holds the tire on is stripped.

A: Hello. A brake fluid leak from the rear tir...

Hello. A brake fluid leak from the rear tire area could be a broken line or wheel cylinder. Brake fluid leaks can be extremely dangerous and lead to loss of braking ability. I suggest you have the brake fluid leak inspected as soon as possible by a trained mechanic. As for the stripped lug nut and stud, there is a possibility that they can be cleaned up with a thread chaser or tap/die. If not, then the lug stud and nut will require replacement. YourMechanic can also tighten the lug nuts to make sure your wheel is on properly.