Q: Q: Had to manually unlock car & key stuck in ignition

When I tried to open the driver’s side door, the key would not open it so I used the manual entry. Then, when I inserted the key into the ignition, the car light did not come on and the engine would not start. Now, the key is locked in the ignition and cannot be removed. The car won’t start and also it now won’t even lock. I had not driven it for 48 hours prior to this. I’m thinking that the antilock system might have triggered this problem. Do you agree or if not, what is the cause and a solution? Thanks.

Try to turn the key to the On position and then press and hold the remote button until the central locking light blinks rapidly. Then release the button and turn off the ignition. This should reconnect the remote to the car and it should lock and unlock the car as normal allowing you to start it again. If not, then you may have to have the vehicle serviced for an anti-theft problem at the dealer. Alternatively, you could have a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your car’s location to diagnose your key issue and advise you on the next steps.

3. Q: Had to manually unlock car & key stuck in ignition