Q: Honda civic clutch wont disengage

asked by on March 14, 2017

98 honda civic dx 5 speed hydraulic clutch . I have replaced the slave cylinder, throw out bearing, pressure plate, clutch disc, pilot bearing. Clutch wont disengage. Shints fine engine off, won't shift while running. Slave cylinder and fork move as they should but don't seem to move enough obviously. Could this be an internal leak in the clutch master cylinder or pedal linkage adjustment needed? No leaks anywhere.

When you first push on the clutch until you first feel and backpressure should be no more than 1/2 inch. If you have the correct amount of free travel and have bled out all the air from the system then you have a defective pressure plate. When you have the transmission removed you need to verify the pressure plate tightened all the way to the flywheel. Make sure attachment bolts did not bottom out before the pressure place fully seated to flywheel. If they did then add a washer under bolt to take up the space or if it seated fully then replace pressure plate and verify all other replacement parts were correct.