Q: Belt makes noise after turning on air conditioning

I recently had the air conditioner compressor worked on. Since then, when I turned on the air conditioning, the belt makes a loud noise. When I turn the air conditioning on and leave the fan running, it stops.

A: Hi. If your vehicle is only making noise wh...

Hi. If your vehicle is only making noise when you start the vehicle, it may be possible that there is a problem with the belt or one or more of the pulleys. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, check the vehicle’s belts for proper tightness. If necessary, the mechanic can remove the belt and check the pulleys for excessive wear or binding.

Recommended services
Get a Quote