Q: Car jerks after I accelerate past 48mph

When I'm around 48mph, then start to accelerate, my car gives a few jerks, stops around 55mph. Some times around 70mph.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. I'd be ha...

Hello, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to offer my insight. This can be caused by a lack of power from the engine or a transmission issue. I usually check the computer for any codes first to see if there is anything stored in the computer. If there are no codes then I check to see if the spark plugs are in good shape and if the fuel pressure is correct. If there are any issues there, I replace the spark plugs. If they are fine, then I check the transmission fluid. If it is dark or smells burnt then there is a pending transmission issue. There are also a few sensors that can cause this if they are not reading correctly. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this.