Q: Why would a new bettery be corroding so much already?

asked by on December 12, 2016

I just got a brand new battery because my last one was leaking/corroding heavily after 2 1/2 yrs and it was drained. Well it's only been a few months and have noticed heavy corrosion on the positive terminal. Wondering why this would be happening

First thing to check is to see if all the corrosion was removed and neutralized on the battery clamp and cable. The have the charging performance tested to see it the alternator is not overcharging and causing the battery to overcharge and vent gases. You may of just not cleaned all the corrosion off when battery was replaced.