Q: My inside lights flickered and now they don't work

asked by on October 12, 2016

My inside lights of my car were flickering now my inside lights dont even work

While it is possible that the bulbs have gone out, it is more likely that one of the switches have gone out. If the lights were activated by the door opening, the switch you are concerned with will be by the door hinge. It will be small, round, and protrude until the door hits, pushing it in and turning off the light.

If this switch has gone bad, it will need to be replaced. Due to the amount the doors that are opened and closed, these switches are the first to wear down and have issues. The problem may be electrical. If the wires were exposed and or are damaged, the wires may need to be replaced or repaired. Rain and other weathering factors do effect these area of the doors. Water will cause these connections to corrode or become brittle and break. If you need more help, a certified professional from YourMechanic can inspect the relevant electrical circuits to have this corrected.