Q: How much will it cost to fix transmission problem? 2010 Pontiac Vibe

once i put in drive mode my car is not going forward ..i feel like i put in Neutral instead of Drive . only back gear is working .

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - first thing to check is transmission fluid level, and "condition" (red and clear, or dark and dirty). If transmission fluid is in good condition, it’s likely your forward clutches are worn out - given your higher mileage. If so, you are probably in for a rebuild or replacement. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.