Q: Can the wrong spark plugs cause problems like popping noise under the hood ? And cause the car the shit off?

I got a tune up now my car make a popping noise after a while at a stop and it also cut off out of no where it started back up but it never did that before.

To answer your question in one word - YES, the wrong spark plugs or incorrect spark plug gap can and often will cause a vehicle’s engine to misfire or run incredibly inefficient. However, the issue of the vehicle shutting off "out of nowhere" seems outside of the realm of possibility of an incorrect spark plug. Misfiring issues could be related to a faulty coil, bad plug wires, even fuel injection issues.

To be safe, I’d recommend contacting one of our local ASE certified mechanics who will check with your vehicle manufacturer first to determine the correct spark plugs to use before they replace them for you.

• Can the wrong spark plugs cause problems like popping noise under the hood ? And cause the car the shit off?