Why does my car shake uncontrollably at high speeds. Aprr...

Q: Why does my car shake uncontrollably at high speeds. Aprrox 55/60 and above.

asked by on July 11, 2017

Why does my car shake uncontrollably at high speeds (approx 55/60 and above)? How do i know when i need shocks? And are low profile tires good for my car?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Start with the basics, make sure your tires are properly inflated and balanced properly. The point of balancing tires is to stop them from shaking and vibrating at high speeds. If that does not solve the problem, check the tie rods. Also make sure your tires are in good condition with even tread wear and a good tread depth left. For more help with diagnostics, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.