Q: Car wont start - 2001 Nissan Sentra

asked by on November 13, 2016

A few days ago my heater in my car started only putting out cold air. And if u would turn the heater on the car would over heat. At the time it was low on antifreeze so I added more. The heater started working after that but only for a minute or two before it went cold again and the car started to overheat. So I turned the heater off and drive it to and from work two days wit out a problem. The third day I tried to start it and it will turn over but not catch. Wat could be the problem.

Spark Plugs Replacement $113.11 - $716.47 Get a Quote
Car is overheating Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, a variety of faults will cause your 2001 Nissan Sentra to overheat, be low on coolant, and now have starting trouble. The first problem is the vehicle being low on coolant, either there is a leak in the cooling system or the engine is burning coolant. Either of these will lead to the car overheating if left unattended. The most likely causes for this are a failed head gasket, intake manifold leak, fouled spark plugs, or a loss of compression. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your car’s overheating issue and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr