Q: Radio and AC buttons don't work

I have a 2012 Ford Taurus, the buttons on the radio and AC stopped working, what could it be and who do I go to have the issue fixed?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I would recommen...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I would recommend having all of your fuses checked first. It is unlikely that both of those control units would go bad at once. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect your electrical system for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs. We can also get the rest of the radio and climate control system checked out. If it turns out to be a fuse, fuses are relatively inexpensive and we can have the problem fixed in a short time period. If the fuse is not the issue, you may have an issue with the wires behind these two systems. The wires could be exposed somewhere and cause a short between the two systems therefore hindering their operation.

Recommended services
Get a Quote