Q: How do you activate Automatic Locking mode on the seat belts?

How do you activate Automatic Locking mode on the seat belts?

While the passenger front and rear seat belts can be used in Vehicle Sensitive mode, they can also be used in Automatic Locking mode. This provides you with better security for child car seats and booster seats, and can be used in other situations as well. Here’s how to activate it:

1. Make sure the belt is buckled properly.

2. Pull the shoulder belt completely out of the retractor.

3. Let the belt retract. You should hear a click while it does this. Test the shoulder belt to make sure it’s locked.

To disengage Automatic Locking mode, just unlatch the belt and let it slide all the way back into the retractor.

Tip

If the seat belt won’t enter Automatic Locking mode, you should have it replaced.