Vehicle has a coolant leak overheating 1999 leaks windsta...

Q: Vehicle has a coolant leak

My vehicle has a coolant leak and is overheating.

Hi there. Your coolant can be leaking from a number of places. If it is leaking fast enough, it will cause the engine to overheat. The source of the leak needs to be found and repaired. Check to see if anything else is going on with the engine now that it has been overheating. Most of the time, the leak can be found visually. If it is not easy to find, a mechanic would typically either put some dye into the cooling system to find the leak, or they would do a pressure test on the system to pressurize it and force the leak to occur. The most common leaks on this vehicle are either the water pump, the radiator, or one of the hoses. I would get some assistance from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who can correctly diagnose the cooling system.